Sunday 10 February 2013

Bane of my life and Being Human


Today I thought I'd post a little about the bane of my life: anxiety.

Wanted to put off writing about this but I'll try and share a little. So most people get anxious from time to time.. right?

I get anxious a-helluva-lot. I get anxious about general things, such as getting things done (can be anything from housework to going to the shops) and I get anxious about social things like meeting people, talking to people, basically anything that involves people! What fun!

It manifests itself in an array of different ways, from the lovely sensation of your heart pounding in your chest to the little voice in the back of your head saying "you won't be able to do this, you're a failure."

I'm in the process of trying to get over it, but damn it isn't easy. I've tried so many different things with varying success. I wish I could pop a little pill and be done with it, but from my experience.. pills don't work they just paper over the cracks, in fact never mind that the pills just fall into the cracks and I don't feel any different.

Still I haven't given up hope, there's plenty more things to try and I hope one day anxiety will have less prominence in my life. For now I'm just trying to live in the moment more, I will keep plodding on with life and it's many distractions.


Heavy stuff aside looking forward to watching series 2 of Being Human tonight, first episode was pretty good (if a little cheesy in places).

They revealed the big bad to be the devil, which I was a little bit WUT about, as I thought how can they top that; but turns out it's going to be the last series so that makes sense.

It's a shame as I like the new cast, (there's only so much shrieking Russel Tovey you can put up with)!

I guess the bbc needed the cash so we can all watch more shows like "sun sex and suspicious parents" and "the world's craziest fools."




That's all for now, ta-ta.




No comments:

Post a Comment