Wednesday 6 February 2013

My Top Sci/Fi Fantasy Films of 2013

So, as I've already mentioned in my first post, I'm a bit of a geek and I enjoy watching movies and anything sci-fi/ fantasy. I guess it's cause I like escapism, and elves.

As there are some cracking movies coming out in 2013 here's my top 5 for fellow fans of everything pointy-eared.


1. Cloud Atlas

I saw the trailer for this today and it immediately caught my eye, in fact if eyes could talk they would have said "ooooh."
The film follows the lives of six people and how they are all connected.

Definitely a must-see; anything that engages the brain gets a thumbs up from me.







2. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug


Yay more adventures from Bilbo Baggins and friends! I wasn't crazy about some of the additions that were made to part one but hey, we get three movies in middle earth, I'm not complaining.

Looking forward to getting a good look at Smaug; voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch.



3. Star Trek Into Darkness


The second in the JJ Abrams series; in this one the crew find an unstoppable force of terror from within their own organisation. Benedict Cumberbatch plays a one man weapon of mass destruction, all sounds pretty hard to the core!

Our Benedict is getting about a bit, let's hope he leaves some time in his schedule for more Sherlock..

Anyway, enjoyed the first one this looks good too.









4. Riddick



 The third long-awaited film in the Riddick series, always enjoyed these films and their quirks (necromongers anyone)?

Vin's back and this time he's been left for dead on a scorched desert planet and has to fight an alien race of predators. Awesomes.








5. Elysium

Look, Matt Damon's a baldy!


Set in the year 2159, wealthy folk live on a pristine space station called Elysium and everyone else is stuck on an overpopulated, ruined earth.

Looks interesting, and it's been a while since I've seen a good sci-fi flick (after the disappointment of Prometheus) so hope this one is worth a look.






So that's what I'll be watching this year, what would you add to the list?

2 comments: